Scheduled on May 29th at the Civil Society Pavilion Cascina Triulza, the event aims to promote the exchange of knowledge between the Burmese delegation of peasants and the participants at the event, in order to support decent work conditions and sustainable agriculture. The event is organized in cooperation with AFFM Agriculture Farmers Federation Myanmar
Discover more about the project watching this video
The following personalities will take the floor during the seminar:
- Sen. Andrea Olivero Vice Minister,Agriculture Food and Forestry Ministry
- Professor Claudia Sorlini President of the EXPO Scientific Committee
- Minister Giampaolo Cantini, Director General Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
- Hon.M.P. Pia Locatelli, Parliamentary Association “Amici della Birmania”
- 14.30 Video: Myanmar dignity blossoms blooming now.
- 14.35 Opening speach Prof. Vincenzo Scotti, President ITALIA-BIRMANIA.INSIEME (IBI)
- 15.00 Greetings of Marco Grandi, Responsible International relations and cooperation City of Milan.
15.10 - 16.20 I Session The Myanmar agriculture between Past and future
Chair Cecilia Brighi Secretary General IBI
- U Than Swe. President AFFM. From military dictatorship, toward a democratic and inclusive society: farmers for social justice and decent work.
- U Hnin Oo, Vice President Fisheries Federation UMCC, Myanmar agriculture, potentialities, obstacles and perspectives.
- U Maung Maung, Pres. CTUM, member ILO GB, social dialogue for poverty eradication, food security sustainable growth.
- Tint Lwin General Secretary AFFM. Small farmers organic farming experiences
- Daw Khaing Zar CTUM Women Committee: Empowering women and youth through sustainable farming
- Luigi Sbarra, President FAI- CISL Foundation/CISL National Secretary International trade union role for food security and decent work.
16.30 - 18.00 II Session Instruments and cooperation to build a responsible agrondustrial sector
Chair Cecilia Brighi, Secretary General IBI
- Romeo Orlandi Vice Pres. Osservatorio Asia. Trends, Strategies and instruments to build an inclusive economy and responsible business
- Daw Sandar Soe Vice Pres. Wood Workers Federation: social protection, minimum wage and agriculture financing for landless workers and small farmers.
- U Ali Yemin Rice exporter: fair competition in the rice sector in a globalized market.
- Dr.Aung Myint Kayin Fishery Federation UMFCC: responsible fishery policies and investments as means for peace social, inclusion and growth in Ethnic States.
- Prof. Stefano Bocchi, Department of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, University Milan "how to build good quality tertiary education and research for good agriculture and productivity
- Andrea Ganelli, Vice President Italia - Myanmar Business Council. Bilateral responsible investments for change.
- Supported by: Fondazione FAI-CISL e CAF.
18.15 Final Remarks. Professor Vincenzo Scotti, President ITALIA-BIRMANIA.INSIEME