At Cascina Triulza from September 17th to 30th, the exhibition entitled 'CIRIO A history of heart' celebrates 160 years of history of one of the oldest Italian food brands, now owned by the cooperative consortium Conserve Italia Bologna. The inauguration of the exhibition, attended by Maurizio Gardini, President of Confcooperative and President of Conserve Italia, will take place on September 17th at 13pm.
The exhibition traces the history of Francesco Cirio, the young talented man, whose name today is recognized in Italy and in the world as a synonym of Italian tomatoes. Cirio, born in Nizza Monferrato, (Asti), in 1836 by a trader of grain, at age 14 was already active in the vegetable market of Porta Palazzo in Turin. His resourcefulness brought him to engage in commercial activities flourishing fruit and vegetables to the city transalpine and British to become in a short time the most important agricultural exporter of Piedmont. In 1856, aged just 20 years, Francesco created the first factory in Turin where Cirio began to use, initially with peas and then gradually to other food products, the technique invented by Frenchman Nicolas Appert for overcome problems of perishable fruit and vegetables. In 160 years of history Cirio consolidated its position as a leader in the food industry, leveraging a brand of the highest quality, "100% Italian" , among the best known and appreciated by consumers.
The materials and reproductions in the exhibition come from a large heritage and archives now housed at the headquarters of Conserve Italy and in the spaces of the Museum of Francesco Cirio in Castelnuovo Belbo (Asti). The choice of materials was prepared by the head of the Museum Giuseppe Baldino and with the support of Mayor Francesco Garino. The project's design is by communications agency Moville Bologna.